- A six week clinical observership at Northern Health. Typical placements involve three weeks on a general medicine unit and three weeks in the emergency department.
- A portfolio of completion during the attachment
- An assessment of the portfolio with feedback
- Attendance at hospital education sessions (weekly Intern Education & HMO Education and regular IMG Education), as well as unit specific education sessions where available
What are the criteria?
The minimum criteria to be considered for interview are:
- Completed Medical Degree
- Completed internship
- Passed Australian Medical Council MCQ examination (Part 1)
- Experience of clinical practice within the last 3 years
- Australian citizenship or permanent resident
- IELTS Test Pass (average of 7 or above overall), or OET Pass (B or above in each category)
Highly desirable criteria:
- Passed Australian Medical Council Clinical Examination (Part 2)
- Previously practiced medicine for more than 2 years
- Experience of clinical practice within the last 2 years
- Will not be currently employed as a medical practitioner in the Australian Healthcare system
- H not worked in Australia as a medical practitioner
- Does not have current registration, but is eligible for limited or provisional registration
What is the process?
N.B. Applications are currently closed. They will reopen on Monday 18th February until Monday 4th March. Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
For 2019 applications you are required to:
- Apply via Northern Health’s recruitment site
- Complete IMG Observer Application Form
- Write a cover letter
- Attach your CV
- Provide details of three referees
- Evidence of citizenship or permanent residency
- Evidence of completion of medical degree
- Evidence of completion of AMC part 1 or part 2
You are required to complete all of the requirements (1-8) to be considered for an IMG Observer position.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
For further information please contact NHClinicalObserver@nh.org.au. Please allow 10 days for a reply.
What is the cost?
Payment of $2500 will be required prior to the commencement of the program