***OBSERVERSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATIONS ARE LIKELY TO RE OPEN – AUGUST 2021 (for an October start) ****
- A six week clinical observership at Northern Health. Typical placements involve three weeks on a general medicine unit and three weeks in the emergency department.
- A portfolio for completion during the attachment
- Attendance at hospital education sessions (weekly Intern Education & HMO Education and regular IMG Education), as well as unit specific education sessions where available
What are the criteria?
The minimum criteria to be considered for interview are:
- Completed Medical Degree
- Completed internship
- Passed Australian Medical Council MCQ examination (Part 1)
- Experience of clinical practice within the last 2 years
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency, or current VISA with permissions to work or study in Australia
- APHRA approved English Test
Highly desirable criteria:
- Passed Australian Medical Council Clinical Examination (Part 2)
- Previously practiced medicine for more than 2 years
- Experience of clinical practice within one year
- Will not be currently employed as a medical practitioner in the Australian Healthcare system
- Has not worked in Australia as a medical practitioner
- Does not have current registration, but is eligible for limited or provisional registration
What is the process?
***APPLICATIONS ARE LIKELY TO BE ADVERTISED IN AUGUST 2021 (for an October start) ***
You are required to:
- Apply via Northern Health’s recruitment site (eMercury)
- Complete Application Form and attach to eMercury under “Personal Details” box
- Write a cover letter
- Attach your CV
- Provide details of three referees
- Evidence of citizenship or permanent residency
- Evidence of completion of medical degree
- Evidence of completion of AMC part 1 or part 2
You are required to complete all of the requirements (1-8) to be considered for an IMG Observer position.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
For further information please contact NHClinicalObserver@nh.org.au. Please allow 10 days for a reply.
What is the cost?
Payment of $2500 will be required prior to the commencement of the program